Alleviate Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie in year. Progresso™ beef-flavored broth provides a simple addition to this classic and hearty casserole - Shepherd's pie baked using beef, sausage and mixed vegetables. Perfect for your family dinner menu! This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes.
When I think of comfort food shepherds pie is always one of the first dishes that comes to mind. Creamy gravy, seasoned meat, mounds of fluffy mashed. The Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! You cause browning percolate Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie applying 13 modus operandi so 5 also. Here is how you put it over.
prescription of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- You need 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- This 2 of celery, diced.
- use 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- then 2 of carrots, diced.
- a little 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- add 1 of large onion, diced.
- also 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- a little 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- use to taste of Dried basil,.
- use to taste of Dried thyme,.
- then 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
View top rated Sausage shepherd's pie recipes with ratings and reviews. This easy recipe combines sausage, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy to make a delicious dinner. Shepherd's Pie is really not much more than a baked meat and vegetable casserole topped with potatoes, often using leftovers. It's a little like a beef pot pie made with ground beef instead of roast meat.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie method
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
To the best of my knowledge, Shepherd's Pie in the U. S. is actually what would be considered..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Sausage is a food usually made from ground meat, often pork, beef or veal, along with salt, spices and breadcrumbs, with a skin around it. Typically, a sausage is formed in a casing traditionally made from intestine, but sometimes synthetic.