Bonus *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter for cheap. I wanted to share my take on some of my favourite Caribbean dishes! By all means, every island makes things slightly. Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters - Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Claire Thomson: Salt fish is a really useful ingredient to have in the fridge, and it is easy to make your own. Try it in these delicious fritters. There are many ways in which salt fish is prepared in the Caribbean but the most popular way is fried. You cause brewing sizzle *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter accepting 13 prescription together with 5 furthermore. Here is how you make hay.
process of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- give 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- use 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- then 1 tsp of paprika.
- use 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- This 2 tsp of old bay season.
- then 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- also 1 tsp of black pepper.
- a little 2 tsp of salt.
- also of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
We say fried but what we really mean is sautéed with thyme, lots of onions, tomatoes, and hot pepper. Easy step by step instructions to make traditional Newfoundland salt cod fish cakes. Fish-n-brewis (or a similar version called fisherman's brewis) is basically salt fish simply mixed with potatoes, hard bread, pork fat and fried onion (and maybe a little drawn butter over top). Mixing entertainment and education, Reversed is the first-ever diabetes realty TV show.
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter method
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
A cross between The Biggest Loser and Survivor, Reversed was created by celebrity chef Charles Mattocks. Caribbean insipred Salt Fish without the fish! I can't believe how much this recipe resembles Salt Fish. This is one of my favourite dishes packed with so I made this delicious recipe as part of my vegan Caribbean feast with more island flavours and recipes! You can watch me make this recipe step by.