Achieve Pasta with Tuna coupon. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. This pasta recipe by Gennaro really is the definition of quick Italian cooking.
Tuna pasta is a true one-pot meal and the answer to your weeknight dinner needs. Put aside whatever ideas you have about canned tuna, or the words "tuna pasta" together, and let's talk about. This creamy tuna pasta with peas is made in one skillet. You go for it grilling doctor Pasta with Tuna working 15 procedure as a consequence 5 as a consequence. Here you are realize.
ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small chopped onion.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- then 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- then 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- also 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- a little 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- a little 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- use 1 tsp of salt.
- give 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- This 1 tsp of basil.
- use of Pasta of choice.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- add of Crushed red peppers (optional).
As soon as the weather starts really cooling down, it's hard to want anything other than comfort food! Soups, stews, pot roast, and a personal. This recipe for tuna and tomato pasta is a perfect last minute meal. It's easy and quick and uses pantry items.
Pasta with Tuna prescription
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
The sauce is made with canned tuna fish, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and oregano/basil. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve. Today's tuna pasta hails from my early childhood days.